Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bumped Head!



Wednesday May 3, 2014 1 year 6 months, Post Stroke, Dan Swain shared his experience, of Tuesday May, 7 2013 10 days Post Stroke. I just got a text from Rich... "Can't meet today, will call  and reschedule." What's this, Rich never cancels  a work-out, and text me...I hate  text messages, I don't even know  how to text. Rich knows that.   What's up ?? I'm going to call  him-ok-7 rings-ah voicemail. Six more calls-all voicemail-each  time . I leave a message about my  concern-no call-back. Two days later: I decide to  try Rich's cell phone again. "Hello"-a man's voice-finally!   "Rich?", I ask..."No, this is  Yosef, Rich's son-in law". "Rich has had a stroke and  is being hospitalized." I was mortified.  I said nothing.   Finally I asked, "how bad?", "Can I visit?"  Yosef's answers respectively: "serious" "no." I feel pain in the pit of my stomach,  I feel fear for Rich.  I did the only  thing I knew that might help-I began to pray. I told others to pray and even though I'm  not Jewish I have to believe there  is strength in numbers. Ten days later. I'm walking my dog and take a break to  sit under the shade of a large maple tree  when I decide to check on Rich.   Maybe Yosef can tell me more.   I call- "Hey Dan"-caller ID Yosef  can see my name.   Wait..I say "Yosef"  the voice-with  perfect diction-says "No-its Rich".   Am I talking to a ghost or is  Yosef that good at voice impersonation? I actually feel scared. However, it was really Rich Walters,  and when he asked me if I'd be able to  schedule a work-out that next day  I shot backwards and hit my head  on that maple tree before I said "yes".    I said, "Rich-are you sure you're  OK to work-out?" "Sure...I'm fine...you gonna be at the  work-out ?"   I answered "Yep-sure will". I sat back against the tree again.   I kept thinking how I am witnessing  something more than just amazing. .......... Baruch HaShem Thank You Dan Swain!

No comments:

Post a Comment