Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Frigorific!





"Shmuely, are you sure you're
dressed warm enough?"
"Cold doesn't bother me,
Mr. Walters."
"Shmuely, Minneapolis winters aren't
cold. They are Frigorific!"
"What's Frigorific, Mr. Walters?
"The Essence of Cold, Shmuely"
"Whatever."

"Shmuely, this is it, Mall Of
America. Seven Yankee Stadiums
could fit in here!"
Shmuely was amazed by the
amusement park in the center
of the mall.
"Shmuely, there are 500 stores in here;
50 restaurants,7 nightclubs and 14 movie
theaters.Plus an underground aquarium.
See the sign?"

I was talking to our cab driver on the
way to the Chabad House (A Jewish
Community Center. This one had
motel like facilities.)
He said, "The Mall Of America is
the vein of opulent materialism."
"You took the words right out of
my mouth."
We both laughed.

I called Rabbi Feller.
 He said,"Wait outside, I'm on my way.
I'll take you to my house for
dinner. Be there soon."

I gazed around. It had the appearance
of a glazier forest. My phone
showed the current temperature as -12%F.
Wonder what temperature it will
be tomorrow?

"Mr. Walters, it's freezing out here."
"Shmuely it's not freezing. It's
Frigorific!"

Mrs. Feller served us a big bowl of steaming
hot stew with homemade bread.
Yum, yum,yum!
The hospitality of Rabbi and Mrs.Feller
was outstanding!
Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment