Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk





The centipede was

happy, quite

Until a toad in

fun

Said, 'Pray, which

Leg goes after which?

This worked his

mind to such a

pitch.

He lay distracted

in a ditch

Considering how to

run.


Wednesday May 8, 2013 11 Days Post Stroke

Weight room, second round.


Before I go back in the weight room, I'm

going to enjoy a cup of coffee in my garden.


Let's see, I'll wrap two of my right hand fingers

around the cup handle, and open the door with

my left hand.

Darn door is stubborn, always sticks! I'll have to

yank on it! Oh, No! The cup fell out of my hand

and shattered. Coffee is splattered all over me.

Oh, No! It got on the carpet. Uh, Oh! I

better clean this up quick.


This is no easy task for me. Not used to sweeping

with my left hand and my right hand keeps shaking.

Maybe I can hold the dust pan with me feet?

Now I'll just take a few kitchen towels and

throw them down,  and stomp on them with my feet

to sponge up the coffee. Looks pretty good. Mission

accomplished.


Now, straight to my gym. I'll do one more exercise..

I'll bring a bucket of ice water with me.


This darn door is stuck again. I'm going to have

yank it again to get it to shut. I'll try it with my

right hand for rehab.

Oh, No! Part of my forefinger got pinched.

Good thing I can't feel it. That would have hurt.

Glad I brought the ice water.

Ok, military press three pound dumbbell.

Up! Down. Oh, No! It slipped out of my right

hand and bounced on my rubber mat onto my foot.

Good thing it was only three pounds!

I'm going into the kitchen to talk to my

wife. I'll sit next to her at the kitchen table.

My right hand started spazzing, knocking

over the glass of milk that was sitting on

the table. I started to cry.


"Marsha said to me, "Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk!"

We both started laughing hysterically!


No comments:

Post a Comment