Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Electrifying Magic!




Friday May 3, 2013 6 Days Post Stroke "I am going to apply electrical stimulation to open you're hand" said Dr. Avotasaron Benji was sitting next to me. We were both Amazed! "The electrical impulses sent a signal from your brain, telling the muscles to open up your hand." This is really cool electrifying magic, but  I need to go home get some rest, start Learning Torah ,talking with my clients for speech therapy, and working out for my physical therapy. This electric stuff is cool stuff for sissies! "Shouldn't I be doing some push-ups?" Dr. Avotasaran went into an intellectual temper tantrum. "Push-ups? You're still paralyzed!" She articulated in technical Physical Therapy terms why I wasn't ready for any kind of strength training. "What about bands?" Another Physical Therapist overheard us. "I have a band on a pulley. Might help him." "Ok, let's try it," said Dr. Avotassaron. She seemed embarrassed. I started slowly stretching out my arm and shoulder. Wow, this feels great! When I returned to my room, I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I stood next to the wall. Placed my right fist on the wall about 6 inches to the  right of my nipple. I pried my right fingers open, holding them in place with my body weight. I put my left hand flat against the wall about 6 inches from my left nipple. I moved my feet back about 12 inches and started doing wall push-ups. Victory!  I will return soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment