Wednesday, February 8, 2017

What Should I Call The Group?





I drove to the Oval and shared my
'inspirational dream' with Rabbi
Rosenblum.
"Rabbi Rosenblum, what should I
call the group?"
Without hesitation he said, "Yesh Tikveh.
Yesh Tikveh in English means
'There Is Hope.' "
" Brilliant!"
I was excited. " 'Yesh Tikveh Gives Hope!'
That's it. Perfect! That's why you're a Rabbi
and I'm just a regular guy."
We both laughed.

I went to Hirsh Dlinn's house, we ordered
glow in the dark,  blue arm bands.
On one side it said 'Yesh Tikveh Gives Hope.'
On the other side it said 'I Am Healthy and Strong!'
I wanted the bands to be a tangible reminder
of the positive affirmation 'I Am Healthy and Strong!'
Some kept it on their night stand and looked
at it before they went to sleep and first thing
in the morning. It made a difference in their
attitudes.

I wanted to do something amazing to 'kick off'

Yesh Tikveh and give Hope and inspiration to
those in despair. I searched the internet for events.
I found it! Polar Dash fourteen mile run in
Minneapolis on January first,two thousand
and fourteen. That's about eight months post
stroke. Perfect!
I registered for the Polar Dash 14 Miler.

(Note: All of my meetings with Hirsh Dlinn
and the Polar Dash were after Hirsh Dlinn's bike
accident. I'll tell you more later.")

Thank you to William Hoffman who helped
me muddle through paperwork.
Sharon Rubin's letter's helped us get
corporate sponsors for our 'Flower Program.'

Thank you Sharon Rubin.

I appreciate all the help from our officers
and board of directors.

You can learn more about Yesh Tikveh at:

http://www.yeshtikveh.com http://www.yeshtikveh.com

No comments:

Post a Comment