Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Horrified!




"When the muscles that hold the shoulder joint in place are flaccid, the shoulder will dislocate. In stroke survivors, shoulder dislocation is called subluxation of the shoulder." Page 96. Stronger After Stroke Your Roadmap to Recovery By: Peter G. Levine  I staggered towards the bathroom holding onto the 'I.V. Pole On Wheels.' Ah, what a blessing! I get to use a real toilet! I passed the sink mirror, and saw what looked like this deformed monster also walking towards the toilet. My heart skipped a beat and I jumped, startled! I turned around to look in the mirror and there was this old man with severe 'hat hair." His right hand was swollen and black and blue. His right arm was popped out of his shoulder socket and dangling like a snake. His right cheek drooped. He was wearing a hospital gown like mine and also holding onto an I.V. Pole. I was aghast! That's Me! Nearly 20 years of bodybuilding! This is just a set back. You ain't seen nothin' yet! I Will Return! Like the terminator!

No comments:

Post a Comment