Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Spooked Out!

" Tallis. A fringed shawl worn  by Jewish men during morning prayers."  Dictionary.com " Tefillin. (Judaism ) either of  two small leather cases containing texts from Hebrew Scripture. Worn on the forehead and the left arm by Jewish men during morning prayer."  thefreedictionary.com Tuesday May 7, 2013 10 Days Post Stroke "Yosef, I really appreciate you helping me put on my Tallis and Tefillin . However, you have a 'few' other things to do, like getting the kids dressed, giving them breakfast and rushing them off to school. If I visualize and concentrate, I can do it! May take me five times as long, but I have to learn to put them on myself! I am going to have my Tefillin checked today (to make sure they are Kosher.)" "Rabbi Barachos, I am using the Teffilin I inherited from my wife's Uncle Morris Berkowitz of Blessed Memory while you check my Tefillin." Rabbi Barachos showed me my Head Teffilin, "It has Never been Kosher. See this letter is missing." "I Have Had Them Checked Twice Before... NEVER A PROBLEM!" He shrugged, "Easy to miss." I called my Rabbi Son Benji. "Dad, think about it. Arm, head, hand, ...Stroke!" I was spooked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment