Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Rescued From Starvation




I was sitting in my wheelchair. My wife, Marsha came rushing in on a mission, serious and focused. Looking at a menu, she held a pen ready to write. "Rick, the doctor said you're allowed to eat solid food now, so we have to figure out what you want for lunch and dinner today." Wow, it hadn't even dawned on me that I haven't eaten solid food since I've been here! It's a wonder I didn't starve to death. I didn't even feel hungry. That explains why I haven't had a bowel movement since my lock up in this jail. This whole experience is so weird. And now, all of a sudden, I do feel ravishingly hungry! I made a big circular motion with my left hand. "Te em oo evey ting on nu!" (Tell them to give me everything on the menu!") We both broke out in laughter. Gee, I'm in a hospital so this must be super healthy stuff! I pointed to option number two: Ice cream, frozen kosher french toast, maple syrup, with scrambled eggs, cinnamon bun, orange juice and coffee with milk and sugar. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment