Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Naysayers








"Marsha, I registered for the Polar Dash
14 miler in Minneapolis to kick off
Yesh Tikveh and give Hope to other
stroke survivors."

"Rick, why didn't you discuss this with
me first? You're always doing these impulsive
things. You just had a stroke. I think it's
risky for you to do this now."

"That's why I didn't tell you first. I knew
you wouldn't want me to do it. I do apologize.
I have to do this. It's for a good cause.
Hashem (God) will protect me and if not I
will die for a noble cause.

I am not going to live in fear of the future
because of what happened in the past. I am going to live.
I have chosen life not death.
Life has risks.

I could have been killed when that Lady ran
a red light and plowed into me, or when I was
rear ended and my head went through the windshield,
or when I lost my brakes, or when I flipped over
that barrier on my bicycle, or when I fell off the
ladder in my gym. Ouch! That hurt my tail bone.
And these are just a few examples. You know them
all."

"It seems you've made up your mind. I wish you
Hatzlacha! (Success!) "

"Thanks, I will call a few runners and ask them if
they want to do the event with me."

"Hello Yaacov, want to run the Polar Dash 14 miler
in Minneapolis on January 1, 2014, with me?"

"Are you crazy? It's going to be freezing up there."

" Hello Alan, want a running challenge? Will you
run the Polar Dash 14 miler in Minneapolis on
January 1, 2014, with me?"

"Are you crazy? It's going to be freezing up there.
Anyhow, you shouldn't be doing that. You just had
a stroke. That's way too much stress on your body.
Please Rich, don't do it. "

"I appreciate your concern. Gotta run. Talk to you
later."

"Hello Shmuley,  Will you
run the Polar Dash 14 miler in Minneapolis on
January 1, 2014, with me?"

"Don't want to run it. Never been to Minneapolis.
I guess it would be cool to check it out."

"Shmuley, you'll love it. Ever heard of the Mall
Of America?"

No comments:

Post a Comment