Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Shabbos In The Penitentiary





Note: I am Not a Rabbi! This is my amateur explanation of what the Jewish Sabbath -'Shabbos 'is essentially all about: It is a day to say 'Stop' to 'Most'  mundane worldly activities and focus on Prayer, Biblical Study, family and friends.  We dress in our finest clothes.  Enjoy our best foods.  We are Not distracted by the normal hustle  and bustle of the regular week.  We take a break from cell phones, internet, T.V.,etc. It is ideally a Day of Peace and thoughtful reflection into the Spiritual Realms. Saturday May 4, 2013 7 Days Post Stroke My wife, Marsha, my son Benji and I in the Activities Room Rehabilitation Center. "Rick, Benji and I had a challenging time getting everything set up here for Shabbos." "Marsha, apparently you were very successful! The wonderful aroma of your delectable Cholent permeated throughout the Rehabilation Center. They probably thought the cafeteria was now offering gourmet food.  Thank you so much for being here with me and 'hooking me up' with my favorite dish. Cholent! And, Thank You Benji for coming all the way from Chicago to be with me! I really appreciate it!" "Dad, we are staying upstairs in an apartment. No one could find the keys to the stair door. So, the question was how we would get in and out since it automatically locked? They all said it couldn't be done. That's the problem. Often people take the attitude that 'It Can't Be Done!' 'There's No Solution! All I did was put tape on the door!" I nodded and burst out laughing. "Just like my Rehab...'Can't be done'..."

No comments:

Post a Comment