Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Slipped On The Ice Before The Start





Polar Dash 14 Miler
January 1, 2014
Eight Months Post Stroke

"Hey Shmuely, can you help me
tighten up my shoelaces?"
"Thanks! We better get going,
Rabbi Feller's on his way to
take us to the Polar Dash.

"Thanks for dropping us
off Rabbi Feller, I will call you
when I'm done."
"Hatzlacha! (Success!)"
I gave him a thumbs up.

I asked one of the volunteers,
"Which way to the start line?"
"Everyone is waiting in that
tent ." she pointed
to a graded path.

I thought Minneapolis was flat
as a pancake.
Whoops! Darn! Slipped on the ice,
landed straight on my back.
Good thing I didn't hit my head.
I felt my brain rattling around.
Hope I'm OK.
Good thing I had the camel pac
on my back. The water cushioned
the blow.
I'm just going to lay here for
a few minutes till I get over the
shock of the fall.
I still feel totally confident and
trust that GOD will protect me.
He just doesn't want to make things
too easy for me.

"Mr. Walters are you OK."

Runners and volunteers circled
around me.

"Are you OK?"

"Yes, I'm OK. Just taking a little nap
on the side walk," I chuckled.

They laughed.

Shmuely reached out his hand to help
me up.




No comments:

Post a Comment