Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Hirsh Dlinn 's Head Trauma





"Rich, did you here what happened to
Hirsh?," Rabbi Rosenblum asked.
"What?"
"He was knocked off his bike.
His head was smashed into the
pavement.
It's pretty bad. He's in ICU.
'Everyone in the world' is saying Tehillim
(Psalms) for him.
They think he was hit by a deer.
The paramedics said ,'Four more
minutes is all he had left.'
He was miraculously discovered
just in the nick of time
by two physicians who were
jogging and saw him laying on
the side of the road. Blood was
gushing out of his right ear."

"Oh My G-d! Is he taking visitors?"
"Yes."
"I'll go see him tonight."

I had to wait my turn. Men were
lined up in the waiting room to
see Hirsh.

One of his daughters came out,
" Mr. Walters, you can visit him
now, but just for a couple of minutes."

When I saw him his hands were shackled
to the bed so he wouldn't pull out his I.V.
He was fighting trying to 'break the chains.'
If he wouldn't have been shackled,  he
was capable of knocking the day lights
out of a professional boxer. He had that
much fight in him.

I  smiled. Don't get me wrong, I was still plenty
worried about him, yet I knew with 'the whole
world praying for him,' his loving family,
and with that much fight he was going to make
it. Thank GOD, I was right!

The Doctors expected three months before he would go home.
He was out of the hospital and rehab in two weeks.

Hirsh's wife Gila, is a nurse and self taught nutritional
expert. She has an extensive library of books on the
subject and subscribes to research sites. She is into
nutritional cooking for her family. It is part of their
lifestyle.

When Hirsh was in the hospital, Gila made sure he
was only eating her food.

"If my wife wouldn't have intervened I would have
been taking medications for diabetes and given Psychotropic
drugs," Hirsh said.

"I told a doctor to his face, my wife took me off
80% of the meds you wanted to give me." The doctor
just smiled.

Hirsh's fourth week back home we started walking
together almost every night for about six months.

In six months Hirsh was back on his bicycle peddling
to and from work.

Hirsh and Gila Dlinn were honored at a banquet
that year.

I remember one speaker said, " If you need a kindness
done, call the Dlinn's."

From my personal experience, I can say for sure he's right!

1 comment: