Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Phenomenonal Potential!





Disclaimer: Consult Your Medical TeamCaution: Do Not Use Me As Example of What You Should Do For Yourself!
We all have unique backgrounds and medical situations. What applies to me does not apply to you! In my opinion, we should try to be informed as much as possible so that we can be good advocates for ourselves and make wise decisions. My role is to point you to information sources which may be helpful. My main mission is to provide hope and inspiration!

"There are 100 billion neurons (nerve cells) in the brain.
A typical stroke kills less than 2 billion neurons.
...There are an astounding quadrillion (a thousand trillion)
connections between neurons... In order to recover,
stroke survivors have to rewire their brain ...technical
term is Neuroplasticity. Rearranging the neurons of the
brain."
Pages 6 and 7 Stronger After Stroke:
Your Roadmap To Recovery
Peter G. Levine
Stronger After Stroke
This paragraph gave me Hope!

Page 11. Gave me Inspiration and Courage!

"Using The Wisdom Of Athletes...
There is little that is essential in the development
and progress of athletes that is not essential to
the process of recovery from stroke."

 I WAS STOKED! (Completely exhilarated
and ready to go to work-train hard to recover.)

I knew what the drill had to be.
Do an activity, rest. Do a strenuous
activity, rest a lot. Athletes train, rest,
recover. Repetition is key!

 The repetition builds a map in
their brain, so that eventually they can
run a Marathon, or bench press 315lbs.

Same process for me as a stroke survivor.

I must keep trying over and over.
Hard work and effort will pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment