Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Running Through Gel





Rabbi Rosenblum picked me up in his van
to go to the Oval.
It's still awkward stepping up to get
in this van. I have to reach over with
my left arm to pull the door shut.
Darn, there goes my water bottle.
It rolled under the van. Happens
every time.
"I'll back up, so you can get your
water bottle."
I am lucky to have such a kind and patient
friend.
I retrieved my water bottle, got back in the
van and slammed the door shut using my
left hand.
" How are you Rabbi Rosenblum?"
"Baruch Hashem! (Thank GOD!) How
are you?"
"Great! I am back on my Thyroid replacement
medicine just in time.
I couldn't have handled
one more day without it.
 I was beyond fatigued.
Way beyond fatigued.

It was embarrassing. On Tuesday I was running
with the 'teenage boys' through Frick Park.
They chose an extra long route. I'm estimating
five or six miles with lots of steep hills.

I couldn't keep up.
I felt like I was running in
slow motion through gel.
My body wanted to
move, but it couldn't.
The boys would be about
a half mile ahead.
They would stop, wait for me
and then start running again.

So much for leading by example.
Like it says on my water bottle,

'Pain is weakness leaving the body.'

Next week I will only be a quarter
mile behind."

We both laughed!

No comments:

Post a Comment