Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Family Love Best Rehab!




Summer 2013

I know this may sound strange;
Having a stroke was one of the
greatest gifts I ever got.
I quickly developed a whole
new wisdom.
It's challenges became opportunities.
What matters most became more
apparent to me.

My date walks with my wife are more
special now.
"Marsha, isn't it beautiful in this park?
Look at those trees. See the Blue Jay?"
"Where?"
"Up there. See it?"
" Yes, beautiful."
"Love You!"
"Love you too!"

My daughter and grandkids were sitting
with me at a picnic table in the park
eating lunch.
I could feel their loving warmth.
I looked up at the Oak tree. The sun
light was shimmering through the
yellow green leaves in a glorious way.

" Baruch HaShem! ( Thank God!)
What a gorgeous 'painting!'
I wish I could keep this moment forever."

"Love You dad!"
"Love You Adina!"

Benji, Dena and their boys came to visit.
Us guys walked on the new Frick Trail
below Summerset.
We went across the rusty iron bridge
and saw a huge garden snake.
I'm telling you that thing was big.
We went down to the river and saw
ducks. There were real railroad cars
on the trail.
"I gave Benji a big hug."
" Love You Dad!"
"Love You Benji!"

Meir and Susie came to visit.
They helped me staple clear plastic
over the side wall of my Sukkah.
(Temporary booth.)

" I can't believe it's almost Sukkot.
Thank you so much for helping me.
I still don't have the strength and
coordination to do this. I really
appreciate it."

I gave Meir a hug.

"Love You! So glad you came to visit."
"Love You Dad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment