Tuesday, February 7, 2017

EQT 10 Miller






Sunday November 9, 2014
Completed EQT 10 Miler

It's easy to get lazy and complacent.
My Rehab Treatment Plan is in
full gear. I'm  off all my medications
except the Thyroid replacement.

I feel integrated spiritually, mentally
and physically. Life is good.
This is dangerous.

If I don't keep persisting and challenging myself
I will fall backwards down the mountain.

'The greater the struggle, the greater
the reward... No struggle, no reward.'

Woody Allen said ,"Eighty percent is showing
up."

I have enough events built in for Spiritual, Mental,
Nutritional, and Strength Training.
I have some events built in for cardio.
Sometimes I enjoy doing cardio and
sometimes I don't .

I better schedule another race to keep me
motivated and on track.
Let's see, there's the EQT 10 Miler
in Pittsburgh. I wonder why I never
heard about this one. The course is
the opposite of the Pittsburgh a Half
Marathon.
I would only have about six weeks to
train for it. Oh, I'll just register for it
right now.

Race Day

I'm here to early. I'm the first car in the
parking lot. I have about a mile walk to
the start. I'm just wearing the long sleeve
race shirt they gave me. It's only in the
Thirties. I hope I don't get too cold
waiting for the race to start.

Good, there's another runner.
"Is there a place we can wait inside
before the race starts?"

"Station Square. There's even a bathroom."

"Cool, thanks! We'll be living in luxury
Dude!"

We both laughed.

The best part of this event in addition to the
cool race shirt, and of course the Medal at
the end was seeing my friend Alan Peisakoff.

We shared new personal stories and old bad
 jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment