Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Rabbi Benyomin Walters "Why I Came to Visit"




Sunday May 5, 2013 8 Days Post Stroke Family Meeting Room Rehabilitation Center "Dad, do you know why I  came to visit you? B"H I was faced with a dilemma. On the one hand, I wanted to  come visit you to help you and Mom and Adina who were tired and  overwhelmed.  Yet, you were already  having a miraculous recovery,  and I was sure you would be fine.  On the other hand, I had just started  a new high school program,  and I wasn’t sure if it was right to leave  the boys. Sometimes communal needs  override personal obligations.   I called a Rav (expert Rabbi)who is a  a friend of mine.  He told me that I have to go.  He explained that it is dangerous for someone  to be in a hospital without constant supervision  from his loved ones.  For example, the doctors  and nurses often switch shifts and can easily  make a dangerous mistake.  Just knowing that someone is watching encourages them to be  extra careful.  Just asking questions about  each medication and procedure helps.  I decided to come, and I’m glad I did." " Love You So Much!  You being here helped give me strength and courage! Thank you for coming!"

No comments:

Post a Comment