Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Can I Run Pittsburgh Half Marathon?




Sunday May 5, 2013 8 Days Post Stroke Right after my vitals were checked at 4:50am , I went in the bathroom, shut the door, put on-my running clothes, and did some wall push-ups . I proceeded from the bathroom. Sat on the edge of my bed. Grabbed an old carton of orange juice. Sipped on it... waiting till I sensed the 'changing of the guards.' Just as I began walking down the hall three 'whitecoats'-were coming towards me. Dr . Nuerostein in the middle with a Resident on each side. My right fist and and arm were a bit improved, however, I still looked like a classic cripple. "Dr. Nuerostein, would it be ok if I go run the Pittsburgh Half Marathon? I'll be right back!" He didn't laugh. He just smiled and said, " Give it 3 months."

No comments:

Post a Comment